Each month, usually on the Second Tuesday, B-VARC 'Second Tuesday' Amateur Radio License Examination Session are held for license examination and/or upgrade purposes.
The current test fee is $15.00 -- we will take cash or check - check(s) made payable to ARRL-VEC. Pre-registration is encouraged, walk-in's will be accommodated.
Call John Moore, KK5NU at ((713) 481-4107) or eMail: (email@example.com)
Our present exam session site is:
Check in by 6:15 PM - exams start as soon as all pre registered candidates are present walk ins will be accommodated if possible. Parking is readily available in the rear lot -- Inquire at the 'front desk' for our room assignment. Cash Road intersects Murphy Road (FM 1092) at about the 13,500 block, between Greenbriar- Mula Road and the UPRR - US 90A crossings. Turn East on Cash Road; the community college *single story* building is on the *right* or south side of the street.
What to Bring to an Exam Session
Exam sessions are conducted by volunteers working under the direction of the FCC. There is a charge for taking the exam. The current exam fee set by the ARRL Volunteer Exam Coordinator (VEC) is $15. You may wish to contact the exam session administrator to verify the session date and time. The FCC does not charge a fee to issue and print an initial license or for standard changes to a license. However, there are fees for other FCC services.
BRING THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
1. A legal photo ID (driver’s license, passport).
2. When no photo ID is available, two forms of identification must be presented:
a. non-photo ID/driver's license (some states still have them)
b. birth certificate (must have the appropriate seal)
c. social security card
d. library card
e. utility bill, bank statement or other business correspondence that specifically names the person; or a postmarked envelope addressed to the person at his or her current mailing address as it appears on the Form 605.
3. Students may bring any of the above items and/or a school ID, minor's work permit, report card, or a legal guardian may present a photo ID.
4. Bring your Social Security Number (SSN) or your FCC issued Federal Registration Number (FRN). VEC’s are required by FCC to submit either your SSN or your FRN number with your license application form. If you prefer not to give your SSN, then you may use your FCC issued FRN, if you have one. For instructions on how to register your SSN with the FCC and receive a FRN, visit the FCC's FAQ page and the FCC's registration instructions page.
5. If applicable, bring the original and 2 photocopies of both your current Amateur Radio license and any Certificates of Successful Completion of Examination (CSCE) you wish to present for credit. The photocopy(s) will not be returned.
6. Two number two pencils with erasers and a pen.
7. A calculator with the memory erased and formulas cleared is allowed. You may not bring any written notes or calculations into the exam session. Slide rules and logarithmic tables are acceptable, as long as they're free of notes and formulas. Cell phone must be silenced or turned off during the exam session. The phones' calculator function may not be used.
8. Bring a check, a money order or cash (exact change is appreciated) to cover the exam session fee(s).